|Number of Guests:
Meka of Tortola is one of the premier sailing catamarans in the Virgin Islands. Step aboard this luxurious yacht and immediately you will realize what a world class Blue Water vessel feels like. From her expansive cockpit, which allows complete control of the yacht via 2 electric winches, state of the art electronics and lots of room to dine and entertain, to her amazingly comfortable staterooms, everything about her speaks First Class Quality!!
Meka sailed on her own hull to the Virgin Islands from Knysna, South Africa, where she was built in 2010 by Kenny and Elli. She showed her
strength and agaility whilst flying her spinnaker, surfing down 20′ following seas at 17 knots, all the while, feeling safe and in control, never once putting her bows into the sea.
MEKA OF TORTOLA can accommodate 4 guests in 2 cabins. The Two forward master cabins have queen size beds, shower and electric toilet. MEKA OF TORTOLA is fully air conditioned through out. Crew has a separate heads and shower.
Yacht Rates in USD
RATE ARE ALL HALFBOARD RATES: including 7 breakfast, 4 lunches and 3 dinners., cruising permits and licenses are paid by boat. Taxes, relocation fees may be extra
Not included is a crew gratuity at your discretion is usually 10 to 20% of the Yacht Rates handed to the crew at the end of the charter.
Captain Only with mate.. Up to 6 guest-$7500.00 plus expenses
Christmas and New Year plus 10%
Instructor on board course by rendezvous Diving Costs $30/diver/dive.
- TV/VCR/Stereo in Salon,iPod Hookups,Camcorder
- Board Games
- Sun Awning
- Deck Shower
- Guests Smokes outside aft
- Children are Welcome min age 8 yrs/swimmers
- Water Maker
- Ice Maker,12 ft dinghy with 15 hp engine, Snorkel Gear
- Floating Mats
- Swim Platform - sugar scoop
- Beach Games
- Fishing Gear
- pool noodles
- 2X STAND UP PADDLE BOARDS
- Summer & Winter Operating Area: Caribbean Virgin Islands
- Pref. Pick-up ST THOMAS
- Other Pick-up BVI
- All rates are for the entire boat and are subject to change without notice prior to actual reservation
- Not included is a crew gratuity at your discretion is usually 10 to 20% of the Yacht Rates handed to the crew at the end of the charter
- All guests over 18 yrs wishing to fish in BVI must purchase a BVI license prior to boarding ask us for information
- Marina dockage if applicable upon the request of the charter guests is not included in the rates
- Fine wines champagnes and top shelf liquors are not included and can be purchased upon request of the charter guests at their expense
- RATE ARE ALL HALFBOARD RATES: including 7 breakfast 4 lunches and 3 dinners cruising permits and licenses are paid by boat
- Taxes & relocation fees may be extra
Captain: Kenneth Lumoy Nationality: AMERICAN Number of Crew: 2
Born in Memphis, Tennessee, Kenny moved at an early age with his family to Florida. Learning to sail on a 16′ Hobie Cat when he was 18 years old, created a love of Sailing that still runs strong today. His 16 plus years spent living in the Florida Keys fueled his passion for the sea. Kenny is a USCG Licensed Captain and has been sailing the far corners of the Caribbean Sea for many years. With more than 30,000 nautical miles logged, including a Trans Atlantic Crossing, he is a seasoned sailor that considers safety first. Kenny is an avid Scuba Diver and Spear Fisherman with over 3000 dives under his belt and holds a PADI Open Water Instructors Certification, as well as a Nitrox Certification with NAUI. His background in the Charter Business includes Private Catamaran Charters in Belize, Guatemala, the Bahamas, and “Island Time Sailing Charters” serving Roatan, Utilla, Guanaja and the Cayos Cochinos in “The Bay Islands of Honduras”.
Now based in the Virgin Islands, Capt. Kenny will work with you to custom build an itinerary to suit your desires and guide you to all the best places to Sail, Fish and Scuba Dive
First Mate: Elli
Born in Zimbabwe and raised in South Africa, Elli grew up in the coastal town of Durban, and divided her time between university, riding her horses and going to the seashore.
Moving from Durban to Johannesburg, she raised three beautiful daughters, whilst running a successful Architectural Practice from home.
Elli moved from the “Big City” to the small coastal town of Knysna, where she purchased an large estate house and turned it into a very successful 10 room Bed & Breakfast. Her eldest daughter, Sydne’, now runs “Azure House” in Knysna.
It was in Knysna that Elli discovered her passion for sailing. She has obtained her South Africa Sailing Skipper’s Certification, Marine First Aid and Safety and is a SSI Certified Scuba Diver. She has accomplished two Trans-Atlantic Crossings from Cape Town to the Caribbean.
Elli met Kenny in Roatan, Honduras where they worked together and ran a successful Sailing Charter Business. Together, Elli and Kenny make a good team and enjoy having guests onboard Meka. They love to share their experiences and sailing adventures.
Welcome aboard Meka of Tortola, where Kenny and Elli will custom tailor your Virgin Islands experience to make it your “Vacation of a Lifetime”