|Cabins:||1 King 2 Queens 1 Twin|
|Number of Guests:||1-6|
Ocean Star is a 60 ft Beneteau crewed charter yacht available for charter in BVI and Virgin Islands. Ocean Star has a master king suite forward, and two queen berth suites aft, one of which may convert to a twin-berth suite
Yacht Rates in USD
|2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax|
All inclusive rates are based on a 7 night charter (1 week) with food, beverages and standard bar, cruising permits and licenses are paid by boat
Taxes, relocation fees may be extra, see below for Charter Information
Charter Fee does not include a customary gratuity in the amount of 15-20% of the total charter fee payable to a deserving Captain and Crew upon the completion of a successful charter.
Additional Rate Details:
Christmas week or New Years week:
up to 6 guests US$20,000, all-inclusive.
Scuba Yacht offers Rendezvous diving only
Photos – click for larger images
- Salon Tv/ Stero
- iPod/Device Hookups
- Deck Shower
- Children Welcome Swimmers pref'd
- Water Maker
- Ice Maker
- Onboard WIFI
- 18 ft Dinghy size with 70 hp engine
- Water Skis Adult
- Snorkel Gear
- Wake Board
- Floating Mats
- Swim Platform with Boarding Ladder on Stern
- Beach Games
- 2 x SU Paddle Boards
- Fishing Gear
- Summer Operations & Winter Operations Caribbean Virgin Islands BVI Pref. Pick-up Nanny Cay Other Pick-up Red Hook
- All rates are for the entire boat and are subject to change without notice prior to actual reservation
- Charter Fee does not include a customary gratuity in the amount of 15-20% of the total charter fee payable to a deserving Captain and Crew upon the completion of a successful charter
- All guests over 18 yrs wishing to fish in BVI must purchase a BVI license prior to boarding ask us for information
- Marina dockage if applicable upon the request of the charter guests is not included
- Fine wines champagnes and top shelf liquors are not included and can be purchased upon request of the charter guests at their expense.
Capt. Hugh – Born in England, now permanent US Resident with a family home in St Augustine, Florida.
Hugh started competitive sailing and ocean racing in the UK & France in 1987 (30 years experience). He completed the intensive Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Yachtmaster 300 Ton Sail & Power Commercial License in 2002, and worked as a Captain & Chef in commercial yachting in the Cayman Islands, Virgin Islands, USA & Asia.
Hugh ran a 50 ft Crewed sloop as a Captain/Chef in the Virgin Islands from 2007-2011.
A 20 year career in Marketing & Sales for IT & Database companies saw Hugh working in some 20 countries and heading up operations in Europe, US, Asia & Latin America.
In 2017, Hugh purchased a new 60 ft Beneteau sloop (Ocean Star) with his partner Ellen in Charleston, leading to a maiden season for the yacht and crew in the Virgin Islands for 2018.
Hugh attended culinary classes in Europe, Japan and France, and specialises in Mediterranean and Asian fresh food dishes with premium ingredients.
Hugh is a social drinker but non smoker, no drugs, no criminal record, clean licenses and a broad sense of humour when trying to catch fish!
Chef/Mate: Ellen – Born in England , Ellen beacame a US citizen in 2017 after living in Florida for 27 years.
Originally she arrived in the US working on board Princess Cruise Lines as a cocktail waitress and entertainment officer, and eventually moved ashore in Fort Lauderdale to run a successful yacht maintenance business (Lady Ellen Yacht Services). Ellen continued to work on yachts and support maintenance and yacht deliveries around the Bahamas, and later moved to St Augustine Beach in 1996 and worked in the hospitality & restaurant industry alongside the yacht business.
Ellen is an avid Wellness & Yoga enthusuiast and licensed Cosmetologist plus current Safety Training Certificate of Watchkeeping (STCW) holder for yachts. She is responsible for hosting guests on Ocean Star and ensuring they have both a fun and a relaxed charter including leading snorkel trips, yoga sessions, brewing up “wellness smoothies” and various incremental services such as facials, pedicures, head and shoulder massages.
Ellen is a social drinker, non smoker, no drugs, no criminal record, clean licenses and a sense of humour keen enough to support dancing on deck!
Sample menu plan :-
Available every morning as a crew & guest breakfast or brunch substitute!
“Lady Ellen’s Wellness Smoothie”
(Includes Bananas, Blueberries, Strawberrries, Spinach, Kale, Almond Milk, Greek Yogurt,
Honey, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Hemp, Cacao Nibs, Turmeric. Acai Powder, Cinammon, Cayenne Pepper)
Tailored to suit dietary needs and likes. Tastes so much better than it sounds!!
“Chef Hugh’s Breakfast Diner” 5am to 11am
Wake up to fresh brewed Swiss coffee with croissants or muffins, baked to dietary needs.
1. Fresh berries & granola parfait
2. Tuscan Farmers Fritata (Organic eggs with grilled bacon & vegetables)
3. Banana stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Coulis
4. Eggs benedict a la mode (solo or with spinach or salmon)
5. Traditional custom eggs wth choice of sides
6. Blueberry pancakes with organic honey, mascarpone and fresh berries
7. Custom omelletes with green salad.
“Chef Hugh’s Lunch Truck”
1. Kale Salad with apples, cranberries, pine nuts and pecans- Gluten free
2. Asian chopped salad with ginger dressing
3. Thai styles grilled snapper lettuce wraps with ginger sauce.
4. Peanut sesame slaw with soba noodles
5. Butternut Squash Chipotle Chilli
6. Lebanese Lamb Lollipops with rice salad.
7. Spicy Thai lettuce wraps
“Chef Hugh’s Global Restaurant Dinner Menu”
1. “Shrimp la forchet” – New Orleans favorite! Twice lightly grilled shrimp with white wine garlic, rosemary and chilli to taste. Served with garlic and pine nut couscous.
2. “Lemon Sea Salt Garlic Oiled Crab Linguine” – Sicilian Favorite! Jumbo lump crab seasoned with a fresh made olive oil paste infused with lemon zest, garlic & himalayan pink salt, tossd with watercress, italin parsley and served over fresh linguine that is finished with European butter and cracked pepper.
3. “Alskan Halibut Bake” – A Northern lights, dark nights favorite! Premium Halibut baked in white wine, cream, butter and parsley and covered in a delicate layer of potatoes. Served with a medley of fresh grilled vegetables in orange zest.
4. “Venetian Rich Penne Pasta” A Med favorite! Penne infused in a sauce drawn feom sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions and pine nut pesto with red chili & cilantro garnish to taste.
5. “Peruvian Pesto” A Latin American superfood! Your favorite pasta freshly cooked al dente and then tossd in this Peruvian favorite pesto sauce with powerful basil, spinach, green beans, onion and white cheddar garnish.
6. “French Filrt Mignon grilled to order, seared in butter with a red wine jus reduction. Served with garlic roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables and steamed broccoli.
7. “Japanese Salmon & Avocado Grill” – Japanese terriyaki glazed salmon served with grilled breadcrumb covered avocado served with Sushi rice and steamed vegetables.
“A La Carte” always available on Ocean Star! Just ask Hugh or Ellen to cook or prepare what you love or your favorite recipes?”
OCEAN STAR GUESTS COMMENTS
Early August, 2019, charterers aboard OCEAN STAR wrote:
Hugh and Ellen are perfect hosts on a beautifully maintained and modern yacht with many additional features. They blended perfectly with our family and we look forward to seeing them again soon. The food was outrageously delicious, the atmosphere that they created was perfect for our family dynamic and the locations that they shared with us were memorable. This is easily the best trip we have ever been on together as a family. Thank you!!
Guests aboard for New Years week, 2018/2019, wrote of their time on OCEAN STAR
Hugh was amazing. He made everything fun and easy. He even let me son sail in 30 knot winds! It was a great experience and his cooking skills are top notch as well! We are so grateful for this wonderful family experience! A trip of a lifetime!
Ellen was sweet, funny, happy and always willing to help or get us something. She took us on some great walks and made sure we were comfortable and having fun! She is a real gem.
Hugh and Ellen made my boys feel right at home on the boat. They were up for anything. We set the itinerary together and I was so grateful for their input and willingness to go to places others usually don’t!!! Snorkeling was great and Hugh and Ellen knew all of the great spots! Also they took us at our request to all fun bars and restaurants! It was great. Everything was perfect. Hugh was a great chef and Ellen makes a delicious pain killer!